Port Dining Chair
Begin each meal with a generous helping of eye candy. Port pairs alluring shapes and wood joinery for endearing views from all sides. A gorgeously sculpted wood seat provides safe harbor and an elegant seating encounter for all your guests, while graceful legs up the polish and the pretty.
- Shapely and comfortable bent ply seat and back
- Solid wood frame and legs
- Black on ash: plain-sliced ash veneer on bent ply, solid painted ash legs
- Walnut: plain-sliced walnut veneer on bent ply, solid walnut legs
- White oak: rift-sawn white oak on bent ply, solid white oak legs
- Plastic glides on feet to protect surfaces
- BIFMA rated
- Ships fully assembled
The Port Dining Chair
Our goal with Port was to design a dining chair that celebrated the natural beauty of wood in a unique way. In looking at early sketches and ideas we zeroed in on this design for its clarity of form and shape. When viewed from the side, Port’s shape reminds us of two sails ( the bentwood seat and back) attached to a single mast (the rear leg). We refined proportions, angles and curvatures through a series of full-sized prototypes and 3D-printed scale models. Multiple rounds of “test-sitters” resulted in surprising comfort. The upward curvature of the seat not only accentuates comfort, but adds strength and structure in how it connects to the rear leg. This is what design is all about to us – the beauty of form that is the residue of solving practical problems. This design tested our woodworking chops, using traditional methods like tenons and cross dowels and celebrating joinery. Port is a design that delights those charmed by its silhouette and those who appreciate its high craft.
Designing stuff we love.
Everyday here in Minneapolis.
This Might Interest You
• Devoluciones no se aceptan sin defecto de la fabricaión del producto ni sin daño en la entrega.
• Si es el caso que recibes un producto con daño de la entrega, necesitas informarnos entre 24 horas de recibir el producto para poder devolverlo.
• Garantía del producto es por un año empezando el día de compra y solo cubre defectos de fabricación.